This is a listing for the head only - no boiler included.
Looking for the complete package with boiler? Here is the Single Brewer and the Twin Brewer!
Description and Overview
The Marco SP9 is one of the few products on the market that allows baristas to create consistent pourover coffee. Taking pourover coffee to the next level with an under-counter boiler that takes up minimal counter space and an eye-catching brew head, the SP9 allows you to extend your coffee offerings from single origin coffees to custom blends brewed one at a time for every customer.
Simply set your water volume and brew time and you’re ready to create a fresh Chemex or Hario coffee for the customer. Maintaining the same level of consistency and quality in every brew, the SP9 is an unrivaled single-serve brewer.
*Does not contain brewing devices or filters. Contains head(s) and under-counter boilers only.
How it Works
Utilizing an innovative design strategy, the SP9 keeps the water circulating between the brew head and the boiler at all times to generate a stable water temperature for every brew cycle.
As brewing is sensitive to even slight changes in water temperature, this system ensures repeatable results and unvarying quality that businesses can build a reputation on.
Maintaining a constant water level in the chamber allows the SP9 to guarantee a predictable and steady volume for every pourover. When the valve opens to release the water, the downward brew pressure will remain constant.
This total accuracy in water volume is a built-in function that manual brewing does not have the capacity to provide. Between the SP9’s stability of water temperature and volume, baristas gain incredible control of the quality of the coffee served to every customer.
Features and Functionality
- Compatible with most manual pourover brewing devices (e.g. Chemex, Kalita, Hario): The SP9 can be used with many brewing devices that coffee shops are already using to make pourovers, enhancing the machine’s flexibility and user friendliness.
- Precise water temperature: Because the SP9 ensures precision in the water temperature, baristas can expect fully developed flavors in the extraction process that won’t vary from cup to cup.
- Preset brewing time (1 to 5 minutes): The barista sets the timing between 1 and 5 minutes for greater control. This means that brew times can be customized for any coffee type for the best results.
- Preset volume (150 to 750ml): The barista determines the exact water volume, enhancing consistency and allowing businesses to offer a range of sizes for pourovers.
- Pre-infusion: Incorporated into the machine’s programmability is pre-infusion, a method of saturating the coffee grounds in an initial phase of brewing. This creates a more balanced and full extraction of the coffee’s natural flavor characteristics.
- Pulse brewing: After you’ve set your parameters for the brew time and water volume, the SP9 will determine and deliver an accurate number of pulses.
- Under-counter boiler: The boiler is hidden underneath the counter to limit the amount of counter space eaten up by bulky equipment and show only a sleek machine to customers. Baristas and customers alike will also enjoy the show as the water circulates on the brew head.
- Optional configurations: The SP9 is customizable to suit a variety of businesses. The SP9 boiler can support two SP9 heads, one SP9 head, or a combination of one SP9 head and a 1-button font water source.