Visions Espresso Service has led the industry selling and servicing commercial espresso and coffee equipment for over 30 years. We offer full cafe support from concept to consulting to ongoing equipment preventive maintenance and emergency repair. We have an extensive wholesale program, a coffee education and training program and a full service department for both in-shop and field service equipment repair. We are a great team of coffee industry professionals who are passionate about supporting the coffee industry all from our SODO office.
Visions Espresso Service is a family owned and oriented company. Visions Espresso Service offers employees paid sick leave, paid vacation, 50% contribution to company health insurance plan and company matched (up to 3%) retirement savings plan.
Current Positions Available:
Service Department Manager
As Visions continues to grow, we are look for a Service Department Manager. The new Service Manager will lead a coffee equipment service department of full-time Field Service Technicians and Dispatcher.
A successful candidate for Service Manager will have experience leading a team of technicians as either a department manager or lead technician. Experience in the coffee industry is preferred, but leadership in comparable trades like plumbing, HVAC or motorcycle repair will be considered.
The best candidate for this position will motivate our technicians to preform at their top level, encourage skill development and lead by example. He or she will support the tech team so that they can do their best work for our customers. The Service Manager must display grace under pressure, attention to detail and exemplary customer service skills. He or she must also have excellent follow-through on all service department commitments.
Our techs cover Washington State with emergency and scheduled service support and 24/7 on-call rotation. In addition, our service department has a full in-house repair schedule and partners with our parts departments to further Visions' 30+ year reputation for quality technical support and customer service.
- The Service Manager is responsible for the service schedule and act as the main contact for customers and technicians scheduling service and dispatching technicians through a paperless dispatching software and with the help of our Service Dispatcher.
- The Service Manager will be responsible to for review all service work performed by reviewing and approving service invoices and work done descriptions, coaching technicians as appropriate toward success based on company goals.
- The Service Manager will be responsible for managing the tech team’s productivity, efficiency and quality of service with the help of the General Manager.
- The Service Manager will partner with Equipment Sales team to sell service, preventative maintenance and filtration programs, and schedule installs of new equipment.
- The Service Manager is responsible for growing sales of the Service department through increasing service customer market share, maximizing service opportunities with each customer, furthering equipment vendor (third party dispatch) relationships, increasing tech efficiency and individual technician sales. Overall sales growth should meet or exceed predetermined goals and department results would be used to calculate a year end performance incentive plan.
- The Service Manager position would be a salaried full time position with a Monday through Friday schedule working 8am - 4:30 pm, or a similar schedule with varying start and end times depending on department needs. The Service Manager would report to the Director of Operations and President.
If you would like to be considered for the Service Manager position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter telling us what you can contribute to our team.
Espresso Machine Field Service Technician
A Field Service Technician troubleshoots and repairs espresso machines, brewers, grinder and water filtration units in our shop or in the field at customer's restaurants, cafes or homes.
Some of the brands of coffee equipment we support are La Marzocco, Nuova Simonelli, Modbar, Mavam, Rancilio, Unic, Synesso, Slayer, Marco, Franke, Schaerer, WMF, Egro, Eversys, Concordia, La San Marco, Cimbali, Faema, La Spaziale, Pasquini, Mazzer, Mahlkonig, Ditting, Anfim, Bunn, Wilbur Curtis, Fetco, Mavea, & Everpure.
Coffee equipment experience on the brands listed above is preferred, but candidates with comparable skills from other industries can make great candidates. Plumbing, HVAC, automotive, or motorcycle repair experience translates well into specialty coffee equipment repair. We offer one on one tech training with our technicians and service manager as well as scheduled manufacturer's training.
Key desired attributes include:
Mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
Appreciation of coffee and espresso
Solution-oriented approach to troubleshooting and repair
Attention to detail
Grace under pressure
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Responsibilities of the position include:
Excellent customer service skills with professional demeanor, appearance & positive attitude
Repair and installation of espresso machines, grinders, brewers & water filtration
Driving throughout WA in a company service vehicle
Maintaining company supplied parts inventory
Following the daily service schedule as set by the dispatcher
Communicating effectively with our team to facilitate accurate customer service and billing
Communicating through a paperless dispatching program and cloud based inventory system- computer (smart phone and ipad skills needed)
Technician's must provide their own tools and maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate our customers' equipment emergencies.
This is full-time hourly position. Hours are 8am to 4:30pm Monday thru Friday. Scheduling flexibility is required as occasional daily overtime is needed as business dictates. One week on-call rotation (once per month with paid on-call bonus) is required. Hourly rate for this role is $18 -$25 per hour depending on experience, plus regular overtime potential, monthly on-call bonus and daily incentive for completed service calls. Average yearly earnings for techs is between $45k and $65k.
To apply for an interview, please email your resume and with a brief summary of what makes you the best fit for the position in the body of your email to email@example.com.
Visions Espresso Service is a family owned and oriented company. We offer a supportive work environment, 50% contributions to a company health, dental and optical insurance, participation in a 401k plan and paid time off. We offer an employee discount on merchandise and all the specialty coffee you can drink prepared in a world class training center on top of line equipment everyday.