The Kees Van Der Westen Slim Jim combines features from both the classic Mirage and the high-end Spirit. The Slim Jim carries Kees Van Der Westen's signature espresso machine design looks and contines their tradition of performance and build quality.
The Slim Jim has a wide range of visual options meaning that everyone can now have their own bespoke commercial espresso machine: be it an aspiring espresso bar owner or a chain of shops.
Many different, visually defining parts can be chosen; legs, front panels, side panels, cup rails, colours, awnings, group caps, etc. Furthermore, all parts are interchangable allowing the Slim Jim to evolve and adapt over time.
These machines are highly customizable - email email@example.com if you would like to add wood elements to your machine or to inquire about other custom features.
FULLY SATURATED GROUP
The new Slim Jim Idrocompresso offers a multiple boiler system: one boiler per group, PID temperature controlled, each fed with water preheated to near target temperature by a huge thermo loop heat-exchanger, equipped with automatic temperature adjusting. The lever group cylinder is completely surrounded by the hot water that will be used to brew (all around & underneath bottom). Temperature stability is magnificent.
NEW LOCKING MECHANISM
There’s a fully new locking mechanism in place. This new locking mechanism virtually eliminates the danger of a bouncing lever. So, the old lever group’s inherent danger to hit the barista, when accidentally bouncing up, is now history.
ADJUSTABLE SPRING PRESSURE
Adjustable spring pressure. Especially for the Slim Jim Idrocompresso we’ve developed a system with tools to fine tune the spring pressure. This allows the barista to even out the extraction pressure between the groups.
EASY FLUSH & STOP EXTRACTION
Next to the big lever, there’s an additional small lever next to each group to purge and clean the group screen. No need to pull the big lever anymore. This same small lever can also stop extraction immediately at any time. The group lever will then quietly return to its resting position.
Just like with any Slim Jim, there’s a shot-timer, that starts and stops automatically with every pull. The pressure gauge shows the actual pressure, right at the puck. When infusion is completed and the lever is un-locked, it travels back to its resting position at the rate of the extraction. Next to the obviously important theatrics, this provides the barista a clear view on how extraction is developing, even from some distance.
The Slim Jim Idrocompresso does away with the infamous ‘sneeze” because of an automatic relieve valve, whether the shot stops by itself or by the barista. You can proceed with the next shot swiftly, no need to wait for pressure to vanish through the puck.
Finally, the machine comes with a regulating valve to adjust infusion pressure to your liking. If your mains pressure is not reliably stable, we offer a pump as an option.
- Multiple boiler system: one boiler per group, PID temperature controlled, each fed with water preheated to near target temperature by a huge thermo loop heat-exchanger, equipped with automatic temperature adjusting. The lever group cylinder is completely surrounded by the hot water that will be used to brew (all around & underneath bottom). Temperature stability is magnificent.
- The old lever group’s inherent danger to hit the barista when accidentally bouncing up has been deleted by our own newly developed locking mechanism.
- Pressure gauge per group indicating real-life extraction pressure development at the puck.
- Actual temperature at each group is displayed in extra large digits.
- Large lever slowly returns to its start position, indicating the proceeding extraction in the proper old school way.
- A small lever next to each group to purge & clean group screen. No need to pull the big lever. This same lever is also used to stop the extraction immediately at whatever position. The group lever then quietly returns to its resting position.
- No filter holder sneeze, one can proceed swiftly when extraction is finished.
- Cool PEEK plates: the dispersion plate as well as the bottom of the piston are made in PEEK. This remains clean very long and does not absorb heat from brew water.
- Bottom of piston consists of discs which can be easily taken apart to replace rubber piston rings
- Adjustable spring pressure.
- Adjustable infusion pressure.
- Smooth, membrane-type E61 group screen by IMS.
- Two different temperatures of hot water.
- Drain tray easily adjustable in height.
- Isolated, power ful steam boiler – up to 6.000Watt.
- All stainless steel construction.
FOOT ACTIVATED STEAM VALVE
Shift efficiency and ergonomics up a gear, and put your foot down to steam.Our foot-pedal is safe, fast, leaves your hands free and feels like the most natural way to work. Once you try it you never want to go back!
Each group is activated by one of our custom “Bastones”, a small lever which offers two programmable volumetric settings and, via a pushbutton, a continuous flow. The Bastone can also be programmed for full manual control.
Each group can be activated with 4 easily programmed volumetric buttons, or a continuous flow button.
Lever activated steam valve, also available as a retrofittable kit.
FLIP – FLOP STEAM VALVE
The body panels are finished with a crackle black powder coating. This durable finish creates a striking contrast between the bodywork and the polished parts.
BODY PANELS – CRACKLE BLACK
BODY PANELS – PURE WHITE
The body panels are finished with a pure white powder coating.
Stainless steel body panels brushed in a single direction, giving your machine a raw but stylish look.
BODY PANELS – RAW
Stainless steel body panels polished for a shiny effect.
BODY PANELS – POLISHED
The body panels can be coated with an RAL color of your choice, and in the finish of your choice, smooth or textured, and gloss, silk or matt.
CUSTOM COLOUR BODY PANELS
*Pricing may vary based on the Euro to USD conversion rate.
*Free installation up to $500.