This item may be subject to extended shipping times. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
The Vario’s unique 54mm ceramic burr — manufactured by Mahlkonig in Germany — provides accurate, fast-grinding performance and remains sharp for twice as long as the best steel burrs. The high-torque DC motor and belt drive transmission mean your beans are in for a smooth, cool ride. As always, it’s not just what’s inside that matters; the Vario’s smooth operation carries over from internal to external, with front-mounted, easy-access control units, an 8 oz. grounds coffee collection bin, and Baratza’s exclusive PortaHolder for hands-free grinding into an espresso machine portafilter.
- Burrs: The Vario’s 54 mm professional ceramic burrs produce accurate grinding, high throughput and remain sharp for twice as long as the highest quality steel burrs. The Vario grinds 1.6 grams/second at Espresso and 2.2 grams/second at Press. The broad range of grind (230 microns to 1150 microns) and the narrow particle distribution (lack of fines) are the hallmarks of the superiority of the Vario burrs.
- Digital Control Panel: The front mounted control panel with LED display is easy and intuitive. Three programmable buttons allow for grind time setting within 0.1 second (about 0.2 gram). Simply press the START button and the Vario automatically delivers precise dosing.
- Grind Adjustment: The Vario offers macro and micro adjust for fine tuning with ease. The macro adjust moves from espresso to press pot in 10 distinct and repeatable settings. A secondary micro adjust arm further divides each of the 10 macro steps into 20 distinct settings. These steps enable you to dial in the exact grind for the perfect shot.
- Grinds Left in Grinder: To maximize freshness, the Vario minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder.
- Brewing Methods: The Vario is exceptional for espresso and manual pour brewing methods.
- Motor: A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
- Calibration: The Vario is calibrated at the factory to ensure an accurate range of grind. If necessary, the Vario burrs can be easily calibrated using the special calibration tool that comes with the grinder.
- Portaholder: The Vario comes with the Portaholder which permits hands-free grinding into an espresso portafilter and makes clean up a snap. The regular 8 oz. grounds bin is also included.
- Cleaning: Burrs are easily removable with no tools, making cleaning very easy.
- Hopper extender: An extension that can add 9 oz. of capacity to the existing 8 oz. bean hopper. Several extenders can be added to get to the capacity you need.
*Coffee Grinder Return Policy*
- Sales of electrical items, electrical components and books are final and returns are not accepted.
- Visions offers a 1 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty for Baratza grinders. From Baratza, "This warranty does not apply to: improper use, lack of cleaning, abuse, normal wear and tear, lack of proper adjustment, foreign objects (stones, screws, etc.) in the beans, or uses outside the intended use of grinding whole roasted coffee beans."
- For questions or concerns to process a warranty request, all warranty issues must be directed to Baratza at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-641-1245, as stipulated per the manufacturer; https://www.baratza.com/cancellation-warranty-returns-support/
- If you would like additional information please visit our Shipping & Returns page.