The Sette 270 Wi introduces two revolutionary design innovations to espresso grinders and enables incredible functionality for home users.
This machine is the first – and currently the only – espresso grinder offering grind-by-weight functionality directly into a portafilter. Precise, accurate dosing to within a few grams (2- 3 beans!) directly into your portafilter makes quality, consistent espresso a breeze. The mouthfeel and flavor clarity of espresso pulled on the Sette out-classes other home espresso grinders.
The multitude of features offered by the Sette makes dialing in espresso simple and hassle-free.
- Thirty steps of macro-adjustment
- Fully stepless micro-adjustment system gives the user a near-infinite number of grind settings
- Radically redesigned gearbox and burrset in which the outer ring burr rotates around a stationary cone burr
- High-speed grinding – up to 5g per second
- Minimal retention of coffee in the system
- Digital scale utilizing Acaia technology
These features allow for even the most attentive taster to explore delicate layers of sweetness, acidity, and body for all types of espresso from classic Italian dark roasts to progressive light roasts. The Sette excels at fine grinding up to and including small, single-cup pour-overs.
Most burr grinders utilize a small pathway through which ground coffee passes. On the Sette, coffee simply falls from the burrs down into your portafilter and there is minimal retention of coffee in the system.
The grinder holds three adjustable and precise presets, allowing you to save three different dose weights for a variety of uses.
In line with Baratza's focus on process improvement and quality, we have made significant improvements with the weight accuracy and repeatability of the 2016 award-winning Sette 270W. This updated grinder, the Sette 270Wi, was released April 2018.
*Baratza Return Policy*
- Sales of electrical items, electrical components and books are final and returns are not accepted.
- Visions offers a 1 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty for Baratza grinders. From Baratza, "This warranty does not apply to: improper use, lack of cleaning, abuse, normal wear and tear, lack of proper adjustment, foreign objects (stones, screws, etc.) in the beans, or uses outside the intended use of grinding whole roasted coffee beans."
- For questions or concerns to process a warranty request, all warranty issues must be directed to Baratza at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-641-1245, as stipulated per the manufacturer; https://www.baratza.com/cancellation-warranty-returns-support/
- If you would like additional information please visit our Shipping & Returns page.
The Sette 270 Wi Owners manual can be found here.
The Sette 270 Wi Quick start guide can be found here.