Beyond a great coffee-drinking experience, the Encore makes for a great coffee-making experience. A convenient, front-mounted pulse button makes it easy to grind on demand into your brew basket, while the 60-second timer makes it simple to duplicate grind times for perfect results in every cup.
- Burrs: Manufactured in Europe, the Encore's 40 mm conical burrs will grind for many styles of coffee. Conical burr grinders are exceptional at producing consistent grinds from medium fine to very coarse as well as being durable and will remain sharp for many years. The burrs have a precision mounting system to ensure a stable platform for accurate grinding.
- Grind Adjustment: Turn the hopper and with 40 settings you can quickly adjust from medium fine to coarse. The grind range is from 300 to 1200 microns.
- Grinds Left in Grinder: To maximize freshness, the Encore minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder.
- Brewing Methods: The Encore is an excellent grinder for Drip, Manual brewing, and cupping.
- Motor: A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
- Calibration: An innovative burr calibration system ensures that each grinder has the full range of grind. If necessary, the grinders can be user calibrated.
- Speed Control: With unique speed control, the Encore uses a combination of gear and electronic speed reduction to control the rotation of the burr to 450 RPM. The electronic speed controller is adjustable from 405 to 495 RPM in the event that specific user conditions require modification of the speed. This slow speed reduces heat, noise, and static generation in the grinder. It also ensures that the beans feed smoothly into the burrs.
- Timer Switch: The Encore has a 60-second timer with segmented graphics, for easily repeatable grind times.
- Cleaning: Burrs are easily removable with no tools, making cleaning very easy.
*Coffee Grinder Return Policy*
- Sales of electrical items, electrical components and books are final and returns are not accepted.
- Visions offers a 1 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty for Baratza grinders. From Baratza, "This warranty does not apply to: improper use, lack of cleaning, abuse, normal wear and tear, lack of proper adjustment, foreign objects (stones, screws, etc.) in the beans, or uses outside the intended use of grinding whole roasted coffee beans."
- For questions or concerns to process a warranty request, all warranty issues must be directed to Baratza at email@example.com or 425-641-1245, as stipulated per the manufacturer; https://www.baratza.com/cancellation-warranty-returns-support/
- If you would like additional information please visit our Shipping & Returns page.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The low price was the main reason for my purchase. This machine is perfect for coffee beginners that want to have hand-drip coffee at home. I haven't used it for espresso (would not recommend it... it's not stepless), but on a medium/course setting, the grind is fairly uniform. If you are going to just use it at home like I am, I would recommend getting a smaller dosing cup since the stock dosing compartment is a little too big. It's operationally basic with a trigger button right in front. Only drawback is the noise. Even on a medium/course setting, it could wake up the neighbors if you live in an apartment and it's quiet in the morning. Other than that, this is an excellent grinder for those looking for something in the $100 - $300 price range.